Deadline for applications: 15th December 2017
The Development Studies Association of Ireland seeks a communications and membership officer to support knowledge-sharing between Ireland-based researchers and practitioners of international development and to build its membership. The function of the role will be to drive an active internal and external communications programme for the membership in order to support the DSAI’s mission and objectives. The role reports to the DSAI Co-ordinator based in Maynooth University, with day to day support from a Senior Manager in Dublin City University.
The role is offered on a one day per week basis, at a rate of €12,195 for 18 months.
Description of responsibilities:
- Ensure DSAI social platform is up to date and delivering quality information and news to a broad range of stakeholders
- Moderate public facing events and news shared by members
- Support the DSAI in its requirements for compliance with GDPR legislation
- Strategic support for new high value initiatives to develop the organisation and grow its membership
- Draft bi-monthly newsletters and content as required.
- Maintain and grow DSAI’s social media presence
- Review and support improvements in internal processes relevant to achieving more effective communications with internal and external stakeholders
- Data analysis and reporting on organisational metrics related to communications and membership.
- Professional background and qualification in I.T and/or web development
- Proven expertise and results in using collaborative and social technologies for improved communications among internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of or qualification in development studies and research capacity building
- Ability to work as part of a team and innovate in an early-stage organisational environment with multiple stakeholders
- Experience in contributing to growing and developing strong sustainable organisations
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to advancing development studies in Ireland
Applicants should submit a C.V. with cover letter to Natalja.email@example.com by 15th December 2017. The covering letter should state why you think that you are suited to this role, highlighting relevant experience and skills, and indicating your availability.