Announcement - Robert Chambers Award
Issued 19 November 2014
To celebrate the contribution of Dr. Robert Chambers to innovation and research for empowerment in the field of development studies, DSA Ireland is pleased to announce the inaguration of the Robert Chambers Award. This award will include a bursary of €300 for the most innovative paper presented at the annual DSA Ireland Conference that has the potential to make a significant contribution to strengthening the empowerment of the world’s poor to achieve just and sustainable development.
For an overview of the work of Professor Robert Chambers visit: http://www.ids.ac.uk/person/robert-chambers
Please find below general terms and conditions for participation in the Robert Chambers Award.
- The award is open to all registered participants of the annual DSAI conference;
- A written paper must be submitted in advance of the oral presentation. Author(s)’ details should be submitted separately;
- An oral presentation of the paper must be given, except in unforeseen circumstances such as illness;
- Submitting a paper for the Robert Chambers Award does not preclude its submission for the DSA Ireland Best Student Paper Award.
- The judges must explicitly state how the winning paper meets the criteria of the Robert Chambers Award in spirit and content;
- The judges reserve the right not to award the prize, where they unanimously agree that no paper meets the criteria;
- The judges' decision is final;
- Authors should not make contact with judges with respect to the paper before the prize is awarded. If influence is exerted, the paper will be deemed ineligible for the award.
- Judges may not submit a paper to be considered for the award;
- Papers will be subjected to a triple blind review process;
- The panel shall consist of three senior academics with practitioner input.