DSA Ireland AGM - Nominations to the Steering Committee Now Open
Issued 21 November 2013
Notice to DSA Ireland membership about 2013 AGM
28 November 2013
Date: Thursday, 28th November
Venue: Ballyvaughan Suite, Galway Bay Hotel, Salthill, Galway
The AGM will then be followed by the Annual Conference. Details on this event are available on the DSA Ireland website at www.dsaireland.org
- Overview of DSA Ireland annual report
- Overview of financial statement
- Elections to the DSA Ireland Steering Committee
- We are seeking up to 4 new Steering Committee members for the period 2014/2016.
- The Steering Committee is an active body that meets for two hours every two months, and engages in, and leads DSA Ireland activities throughout the year. We are seeking new and energetic members to shape and drive DSA Ireland for the coming two years.
- New members will have opportunities to develop, contribute to, and lead the DSA Ireland programme of activities for 2014.
- Such activities include communications; membership and recruitment; fund raising; working groups and research clusters; seminars and events; dissemination and publication of research outputs.
To indicate your interest in becoming a DSA Ireland committee member please fill out the attached form and return to DSA Ireland National Coordinator, Dawn Quinn, at DQUINN4@tcd.ie by Wednesday, 27th November, 2013. All nominees will be proposed to the AGM the following week. If the number of nominations exceeds the number of available places, a secret ballot will take place to elect new committee members. All paying members of the DSA UK and Ireland who attend the meeting will be entitled to vote.
We hope you will join us at the DSA Ireland annual conference and AGM and that you will play an active role in DSA Ireland’s activities in 2014/2015.
Best wishes on behalf of the 2012/2014 DSA Ireland Steering Committee:
Ronnie Munck, DCU (DSA Ireland Chair)
Dawn Quinn, TCD (DSA Ireland Coordinator)
Connell Foley, Concern Worldwide
Lorna Gold, Trocaire
Carlos Bruen, RCSI
Su-Ming Khoo, NUIG
Nita Mishra, UCC
Peter McEvoy, DCU
Susan Murphy, TCD