Health and Gender Equity Conference Update - Parallel Sessions Announced
Issued 20 November 2013
Our upcoming conference, Health and Gender Equity in a Period of Global Crisis, will be taking place on the 28th to 29th of November 2013 Galway. Full details and our conference programme are outlined below.
We are delighted to announce details of our three parallel sessions as follows:
These sessions will look at the latest research and research questions arising in these three areas. Registration details are available below.
Online registration is open here: http://www.eventbrite.ie/event/8585785315?ref=ebtnebtckt
- Full rate: €35
- Concession rate for students/unwaged: €15
Please register early to help us accommodate the numbers.
We are pleased to present a day and half of interesting sessions that will focus on the conference themes of gender, health and development organised into:
- Day 1: Development 2.0?
- Day 2: Gender Equity in Global Crisis: Plenary followed by parallel sessions
- Day 2: Health Equity in Global Crisis: Plenary followed by parallel sessions
We also invite participants to join us to mark World AIDS Day with a special event on Day 1: The Irish Aid Annual Father Michael Kelly Lecture titled ‘Gender, Sexuality and HIV’
- Olivia Mitchell, TD and Vice President of the Executive Committee of AWEPA (The Association of European Parliamentarians with Africa)
- Prof. Lokesh Joshi, Vice-President for Research National University of Ireland, Galway
- Sally Anne Kinehan, Deputy General Secretary, Irish Congress of Trade Unions
- Dr. C Rammanohar Reddy, Editor of the Economic and Political Weekly (EPW)
- Sue Branford, Editor at Latin America Bureau
- Ms Robin Gorna, Director of AIDS Strategy, Advocacy and Policy
- Professor Michael Kelly
- Prof. Ronaldo Munck, Head of Civic Engagement, Dublin City University
- Prof. Diane Elson, Department of Sociology, University of Essex
- Dr. Simel Esim, Chief and Senior Specialist, Cooperative Branch, International Labour Organization
- Dr. Una Murray, part-time Lecturer and an International Development Consultant)
- David McCoy, Centre for International Health and Development at University College London
- Dr. Finola Finnan, Head of Programmes, Trocaire
The two day schedule has been organised as follows:
15:00 – 15:30 – Opening Address
15:30 – 17:30 – Opening Round Table
17:30 – 18:00 – Poster Session
18:00 – 19:30 – Annual Father Michael Kelly Lecture event for World Aids Day –“Gender, Sexuality and HIV” (Irish Aid/Irish Forum for Global Health)
19:30 – 21:00 – Cocktail Reception
08:30 – 09:30 – Arrival/Registration
09:30 – 10:30 – Plenary Session “Gender Equity in Global Crisis”
10:30 – 11:00 – Coffee Break/ Poster Session
11:00 – 12:30 – Parallel Sessions
12:30 – 13:30 – Lunch
13:30 – 14:30 – Plenary Session “Health Equity in Global Crisis”
14:30 – 15:00 – Coffee Break/ Poster Session
15:00 – 16:30 – Parallel Sessions
16:30 – 17:00 – General discussion
The conference will take place at the Galway Bay Hotel & Conference Centre, Salthill, Galway. A special room rate of €69 (single room) and €99 (double room) is available to conference participants. To make a booking please email, phone or fax stating you are participating in the DSAI conference: Telephone: +353 (0)91 520520, Fax: +353 (0)90 6442020, Email: email@example.com.
Directions to the Galway Bay Hotel can be found here: http://www.galwaybayhotel.net/galway_bay_hotel_location.html#.UnknwRBTZJo
If you require further information about the conference please email us at:firstname.lastname@example.org.